Diabetic shoes refer to shoes that dispensed through the Medicare Therapeutic Shoe Program. To qualify for the program, shoes must meet certain criteria. Among the requirements are that the shoes:
- Have more interior depth than a normal shoe, which allows for at 3/16" accomodative insert.
- Must be made from leather or a material of equal quality
- Must have some form of closure (usually laces or a velcro closure)
- Must be available in full and half sizes
- Must be available in at least 3 widths.
Our office features shoes from Dr. Comfort. To see pictures of Dr. Comfort shoes for men, click here.
To see pictures of Dr. Comfort shoes for women, click here.
To learn more about the Medicare Therapeutic Shoe Program, please click here.